The position meanings here are from the original posting.
1. Mother Night of Dreams: - Dec 20th This card reminds us to look for a particular message in our dreams tonight. The ancients believed that our dreams on this night foretold some of the important events in the coming year.
Strangely enough, I had a dream that I got a Tarot reading from Theresa Reed on this night! It was only two cards: 'brain' and 'contract' (it was definitely a Tarot deck, despite the strange titles. If you know of a deck with these cards let me know). My initial sense was that this was a message for me to use the power of my mind to stay committed to what I really want to do.
The Two of Pentacles is a message telling me that there will be change, ups and downs, and that is why it is so important to use my personal power to stay focused and committed to the things I want for myself. Also, it's a reminder to not be too serious, to dance with life. The stream coming from the woman's mouth an the blue background also brings to mind the throat chakra, which makes me think that talking about my commitments will help me be accountable to them.
2. Yule - Winter Solstice: - Dec 21st This card shows us how best to connect to the Light within and without - it symbolizes the Birth of the Sun.
Ten of Pentacles - Manifestation and rewards are very much on my mind lately, and I have indeed been experiencing a lot of ups and downs based on recognition and criticism of what I've created. This card reminds me to be proud of what I've done, and to reward myself for my work. It is also a reminder to continue manifesting and remember that part of what I've created for myself is experience and skills -- which can't be taken away from me.
3. The Time of Beth: - Dec 22nd This card points to the inner blocks and resistance that is holding us back from following our dreams.
The Page of Wands reminds me that a lot of what I'm experiencing now around my work is very new, and often uncomfortable. It also indicates a tendency for me to lose confidence in myself because I'm a beginner and I'm learning as I go.
Nora says, "Exactly what you experience now is not as important as the fact that you are experiencing something! The direction you take is not what counts; what counts is that it's fresh, full of fire, joy, and fun!" Which reminds me that while I may not feel like a master in what I do, what really matters is that I enjoy it (I really do!) and that I approach it with curiosity and creative passion. Perhaps the fact that a lot of what I do is new to me is a strength!
4. Hopi Time of Renewal Dec 23rd This card indicates the best way for us to seek purification and renewal, and to build tolerance for others.
The Seven of Swords is not a surprising card for me here. With the Waite-Smith deck I often interpret it as taking a "mental health" day; that is, escaping from social events or work to be in solitude when your thoughts start getting heavy. Nora writes about being aware of those that will steal your energy and take advantage of your good intentions. It's important for me this year (always, really) to set and enforce clear boundaries, and to take time for solitude.
5. Feast of Mothers, Christmas Eve: - Dec 24th This card shows how we can connect with the spirits of our ancestors for communion and to ask for wisdom and guidance. It is also a time for Christians to reflect on the birth of Christ.
6. Festival of Life, Christmas: - Dec 25th This card shows us how to connect directly with Spirit.
The Hermit, like the Seven of Swords and Four of Swords in the previous positions is an urge to me to spend time alone, to rest, to meditate, to look within.
7. Yuletide, Kwanzaa: - Dec 26th This card shows us how to express nurturance, to attend to our families and to express the protective energy within us towards others.
The Three of Swords here, with the cards about solitude in the previous positions, seems to be saying that there may be times when I will have to sacrifice what I really want to for myself in order to be there for my family. It may be difficult, but in the big picture of what is important to me, will be a worthwhile sacrifice.
8. Birth of Freyja: - Dec 27th This card points to issues of love, luck, artistic and creative expression and female wisdom.
The Knight of Pentacles seems a bit in contrast to the ideas of "creativity" and "femininity". This card is a reminder that I can approach art and creativity my own way. I don't have to have mad, wild fits of creation and passion; I can do a little at a time in a calm and consistent manner. I admire artistic genius, but I also know that I too am an artist; I just need to express myself in small and consistent bits; always learning, always improving.
9. Feast of Alcyone: - Dec 28th This card gives us a personal inner message - one that speaks directly to our heart and spirit.
I love this card! I know exactly the message the Page of Pentacles has for me: I've recently started a creative project that is going to take a very long time, and that I won't reveal until the end. This card is letting me know it'll be worth the effort, that I'll learn a lot doing it, and that may patience will pay off. I love how it follows the Knight of Pentacles which I interpreted as my personal approach to creativity. Very affirming!
10. Day of Nymphs - Dec 29th This card encourages us to connect to our playful side, our inner child and how best to cultivate this aspect of ourselves.
The Two of Swords is not that easy to understand here. One thing it may be expressing is trying to have an unmade up mind about things. Also, the girl in this card seems to be dancing, with swords. So dancing might be a way to connect and nurture my inner child, and so might taking small risks.
11. Day of Rest: - Dec 30th This card shows us how to walk our path in a relaxed and confident way....with the ability to deal with stressful situations in a philosophical, detached way.
I can walk my path, which seems to be much about manifestation this year, in a relaxed and confident way if I don't over-think my ideas and just get them out into the world, as indicated by the Three of Pentacles. I will develop my ideas and learn as I go, but I must get ideas out of my head in order to work best with them.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol
12. New Year's Eve, Hogmanay - Dec 31st This card shows us how to release the old and let in the new. This relates to both our external lives and our inner being.
I can release the old and let in the new by paying attention to my dreams and intuition, The Moon tells me. Maybe it's because Venus is in retrograde, but my dreams have been very vivid and intense lately. It is time to start writing them down!
Overall, many swords and pentacles cards -- which I understand to be about manifesting (pentacles) ideas (swords) and The Hermit and The Moon from the Major Arcana reminding me of the importance of going within, instrospection and exploring the hidden recesses of my mind.
The cards in this post were shared from the Gypsy Palace Tarot app. The beautiful art is by Nora Huszka.