Some days it seems like after lunch I'm more or less done being productive. This is an unsatisfactory situation; I have stuff to do.
Happily, I have some strategies to start getting my energy flowing again. Then I can get back to work, or writing blog posts!
10 Ways to Get Energy Flowing
- Drink some water -- this is a fix for everything really.
- Put on some upbeat music.
- Stretch and move. Back bends and hip wiggles are particularly effective for creating energy.
- Turn on a fan. This literally creates movement in the space around you.
- Run water for a minute. Again creates movement.
- Open the shades or, if possible, a window. If it's getting dark in your work space, turn on some lights, preferably ambient lights like lamps.
- Smell some essential oils -- rosemary, peppermint, ginger, and citrus smells always help me feel focused and energetic.
- Drink some tea: green, citrus, peppermint, or rooibos would all be good.
- Go outside for a minute.
- Eat some fruit or crunchy vegetables.
What do you do to stir up energy when you're feeling slumpish?